- Arianna Vendittelli, soprano Serse
- Marina De Liso, mezzosoprano Arsamene
- Delphine Galou, alto Amastre
- Luigi De Donato, bass Ariodate
- Monica Piccinini, soprano Romilda
- Francesca Aspromonte*, soprano Atalanta
- Biagio Pizzuti, baritone Elviro
*Francesca Aspromonte appears courtesy of PENTATONE
OTTAVIO DANTONE, harpsichord and conductor
Double CD, live recording, booklet 136 pages.
Serse – live recording
is the second HDB Sonus release with Ottavio Dantone e Accademia Bizantina.
At the height of his operatic career, Händel wrote a masterpiece that defied the tastes of the time.
With a nod to the structures of seventeenth-century opera, Händel composed a score that amazes today for its originality and variety.
A drama for music that departs from the typical opera production of the 1730s: arias of all kinds, ariosi, recitatives embedded in the arias, love, jealousy, betrayal, all seasoned with an unusual comic element.
“ A kaleidoscope of timeless emotions.“